Building to Serve 2013-16
(Frequently Asked Questions)
What do we get for our money?
- Improved narthex to be bright and welcoming for members and the community
- Larger narthex, with coffee bar for fellowship on the same level as the sanctuary
- A new nursery and preschool room
- Two classrooms on the ground floor, one on the lower floor
- Two handicapped washrooms on the ground floor,
- Future youth space on the lower level
What are we doing to raise money?
- follow the link above to our new (as of 06-may-2013) fundraising page, above, to find descriptions, costs and/or suggested donations and who to contact for more information or to donate or make a purchase.
What to consider when I give?
- Consider the year in which you want your donation to reflect your taxes, 2013 or 2014.
- The following table reflects the approximate cost of your donation, taking into account the reduction in taxes when you claim the donation on your personal income tax form:
Methods of payment:
- Monthly gifts by post-dated cheques
- Monthly online gifts via PayPal.
- One-time gift by cheque
- One-time online gift via PayPal
- Weekly offering envelope
Do I send my cheques to the same address I send my pledge to?
- Yes: both cheques and pledges should be addressed to...
Parkwood Presbyterian Church
10 Chesterton Drive
Ottawa ON K2E 5S9
- Both (pledges and cheques) can get to their destination in one of two ways: (a) placed on the offering plate or (b) sent by mail.
I'm giving through my church envelope. Why do I have to send in a pledge form?
- The pledges will help to determine how close we will be to reaching our goal further down the road.
How do I fill in the pledge form if I want to spread my donation out over time?
- put the total donation on the first line
- check the box for your preferred method of payment - e.g.: weekly envelopes
- write the length of time over which you wish to extend your pledge - e.g.: over two years - on the "other" line on the form.
If I submit a form online, do I have to print one, sign it and send it in?
- No - an online form coming from your e-mail address is sufficient.
Can I give though pre-authorized deductions from my bank account?
- By all means! If you're already giving that way, just let the Treasurer know how your deduction should be directed (deductions can
be directed just as you would if you were donating through a weekly offering envelope). If you haven't been giving this way before, the Treasurer will be happy
to help you set up the deductions.
last updated 28-apr-15