Our regular Sunday worship service takes place at 10:00 a.m. Please join us.
Our services are a mix of traditional and contemporary. You'll find
- guitars, bass, drums along with piano and organ accompanying the music.
- traditional hymns along with modern worship songs & choruses.
- a children's talk followed by a time apart for ages 2 1/2 through high school (see below)
- a message rooted in scripture that will help you understand how God would have us live.
- an opportunity to give thanks, share needs and have those needs prayed for
- an opportunity over refreshments after the service to chat with friends old and new.
Commencing January 7, Rev. Hurd's messages will be based on Paul's 2nd letter to the church at Thessalonica.
The Sacrament of the Lord's Supper (otherwise know as Communion) is celebrated on the following dates:
the first Sunday of March, June, October, and December at the morning service, and at the evening service on Maundy Thursday
(the evening before Good Friday).
The Parkwood choir meets regularly for rehearsals under the leadership of Dianne Smith at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday evenings,
in the Meeting Room on the lower level; practice usually ends around 9:00. The selection of music is varied, encompassing both
traditional and more contemporary styles. Soloists, small groups and instrumentalists often provide special music for our
worship services and other events. If you have some musical gifts you'd like to share, or even if you're not sure of your
gift and would like to try us out, please join us any Thursday evening, to "make a joyful noise unto the Lord".
Church School etc.
A nursery is provided for children under 2½ years of age. An audio feed from the sanctuary enables the nursery volunteers to listen to the service.
Church School is provided during our morning worship for ages 2½ up, including high school. The morning starts with everyone worshipping in
the sanctuary, and after a story and song, the children go to their classes.
The young adults fellowship takes place periodically after the morning worship, over lunch. Check the bulletin and/or calendar for dates.
A safe environment
When you enter Parkwood church you can expect a safe environment for yourself, your children, youth or vulnerable adults. For more information on our
Leading with Care policy click on the image below.
(picture @ top: Parkwood sanctuary, 2013)